How hide share button at portal?

Пушкарь Роман February 26, 2019

I need to hide the share button with the organization when creating the issue. Tickets must be available to everyone within the organization.

Screenshot_3.jpg

5 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 26, 2019

Hi @Пушкарь Роман ,

Currently, the only way to remove/hide this button is by removing everyone of the organization. The button only appears for customers that belongs to an organization.
We have a feature request suggesting the ability to choose a default value for the "Share with":
- https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-5307
Please, click on vote and watch to receive updates about the feature.

For now, if the customer does not share the ticket with the organization, an agent must manually set the organization in the ticket.

Regards,
Angélica

Simon Boda May 29, 2019

Hi Angelica,

I'm afraid it doesn't make any sense to set manually the Organization in a ticket if a customer decided not to share it with his Organization. 

Not sharing a ticket to everyone does not mean you're not part of your Organization. 

This field should really be removable.

Regards,
Simon

Like # people like this
Jasudo PM October 25, 2019

I agree with Simon (above).

This button is confusing, especially (as in my case) when an organization has 100 members.  It should be removable.

Seneca

Like # people like this
Rafael López Ávila November 17, 2019

Full agree with Simon.

I don't want that every customer can see other organisations names. Just GDPR issue.

Like # people like this
Javier_Garay December 26, 2019

Another + here.

Please remove it.

Thanks.

Like # people like this
Ryan Cauldwell March 22, 2021

2021 - no change. Feels like there's so many of these floating issues from Jira that are under prioritised.

This field should 100% be removable. I don't want my service desk customers sharing requests at all. I understand setting a default value, but at the same time this button should be removable. Forcing me to set a value feels immature, like you've decided what my use-case is as well as everyone else's. Give maximum usability by letting us make the decisions on how buttons like this interact. 

Like # people like this
Shubham Burghate July 22, 2021

+1 

This fields just have no sense in service request it is ok to have it based on issue type at least to show or hide

Hope Atlassian team will do something to overcome this problem!!

Like Daniel Vest likes this
Celine Penaredondo January 18, 2022

+1 I'm not sure how to removed this. I went to the request JSD Request and the status was Fixed and Closed. I found no instruction how to deactivate the field still. Have you guys found one? 

Like Rob Bowyer likes this
8 votes
danny_lake January 8, 2020

This is all my opinion:

The Organization field is not fully thought out and it feels like JIRA is trying to solve two unique use cases with it. 

1) I should be able to use the Organization field to determine what tickets belong to what Organizations. 

2) A user should be able to select whether their ticket is public or private to their organization.

A customer's choice to share their ticket should have ABSOLUTELY NO relation to the Organization field. Perhaps another field should be created "Private ticket" with true or false depending on if the user wants to share or not.

So how can one field satisfy both these use cases? It makes no sense. 

If one of my agents sees that Organization is blank - Is that because the customer declined to share? Or is that because our workflow failed to automatically set the Organization based on the customer's email domain? Or something else? How do I know the user doesn't want to share the ticket just because the Organization field is blank? 

Because of all this, we really need fine grained control over that "Share with" field on the Portal, or a completely overhauled solution to these use cases and my suggestion is to create more fields to house the customer's decision to share or not, and then automatically populate the Organization field from their email domain.

This problem impacts downstream processes like searching for all tickets in an Organization - my search won't return results when the customer declined to share their ticket. And if I go and populate the Organization field where it is missing .... the customer may not be happy about me deciding to share their ticket. This can't be solved with one field.

Simon Boda January 9, 2020

100% agree with your analysis

Like # people like this
Aleksandra A. February 18, 2020

Following up on the reasoning provided above, is there any feature request that would address this matter on the Atlassian team end, that can be further upvoted/watched? 

Katy Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2020
Like Aleksandra A. likes this
2 votes
Jerrad Hermann March 4, 2021

This is a major issue considering it puts the power in the hands of a single customer to share their ticket with everyone in an org. Far too easy to make mistakes, or for them to do it without knowing any better, and now 100+ people in an org have access to the ticket. Aside from security issues, it's also going to confuse the heck out of people.

This field needs to have the option to be disabled, either outright or conditionally depending on the request type. There should also be the ability to update description text so users can be informed of it's function and be less prone to mistakes when it's used. Training and documentation can only go so far with that.

0 votes
NUB7_8 IT Support April 18, 2021

Hi,

I really need to remove this button, my project is stuck at this point since everytime a user creates an issue and forgets to set this drop down as no one, the entire company starts to receive annoying notifications, it also goes against all our policy about privacy, security and data protection since many cases are related to internal processes. This button should never exist or be removable. Please proceed.

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 19, 2021

Hello @NUB7_8 IT Support,

Welcome to Community!

I’m not sure if you saw the ticket I shared in my first response on this thread. The feature was implemented and now it’s possible to set the default value for the field. 

As a Jira administrator, go to Cog icon > Products > Configuration (under Jira Service Management).

Screen Shot 2021-04-19 at 10.57.08.png

The button will only be visible if a customer belongs to an organization. If you don’t want them to share tickets, the best option is to remove them from the Organization.

- Remove a customer from an organization 

- Remove an organization from a service project 

Kind regards,
Angélica

Like # people like this
Chetan Kudalkar April 27, 2021

Hi Angélica,

So this means we still can't hide this "Share with" option right?

Regards

Chetan

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
April 28, 2021

Hi @Chetan Kudalkar,

Thank you for your question!

It's not possible to hide the field, what this new feature allows is to set a default value for the field.

This is a good option, for example, if a customer forgets to check the "Share with" field, it won't be accidentally shared with the Organization.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Yatish Madhav
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 7, 2021

Hi @Angélica Luz  thanks for the answers here ...

We have some service desks that we want to show only to internal staff - on the portal and on the 'backend'.

We created an Org that has all the internal staff (basically a sync between a Staff group to that Org) - I have switched this option to No but the fact that the Share with field is there confuses users. And the faact that all users in the org have gotten email notifications because they in the Org

I see on https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-4382 it is Closed but the Share with still appears on the form

Please advise?

Thank you

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
October 8, 2021

Hi @Yatish Madhav,

The feature you mentioned is just to set the default behavior for new tickets created via portal or email.

It’s not possible to hide the Organization field, if a customer is a member of an org, it will appear the option for them.

Currently, there is no feature request suggesting hiding the field.

Feel free to raise one on jira.atlassian.com (project JSDCLOUD) adding more details about why this feature is important for your environment. 

And the faact that all users in the org have gotten email notifications because they in the Org.

Customers on the organization received only one notification to inform them that the ticket was shared and then to receive future ones, they need to turn on the notifications directly in the ticket.

You can disable this notification directly in the project on Project settings > Customer notifications > Organization added (company-managed) or Project settings > Notifications > Customer notifications > Organization added (team-managed).

Members of the organization will have access to the ticket via portal, but they won’t be notified about that.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Like Kimberly Phillipp likes this
Yatish Madhav
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 9, 2021

Thanks @Angélica Luz - I will do so. I have also created the ticket for the suggestions I have on this topic.

RE the notifications - thanks for that. I think it would be great to be able to configure this in bulk - like a notification scheme for SD projects. Right now it seems all this Customer, Organization configurations are primarily done per project not so much under the Site wide SD settings.

Thank you

Yatish

Like Angélica Luz likes this
Husein Mithiborwala December 18, 2021

+1 for a way to hide that field.

Like # people like this
Troy Edmonds February 7, 2022

HIDE THE FIELD, now it's mandatory? where is the setting at to make it hide or not mandatory at least 

Like Erick Miranda Márquez likes this
Celine Penaredondo February 10, 2022

+1 on hiding the field. Vote here https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-10908

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events