Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How hide share button at portal?

I need to hide the share button with the organization when creating the issue. Tickets must be available to everyone within the organization.

Screenshot_3.jpg

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hi @Пушкарь Роман ,

Currently, the only way to remove/hide this button is by removing everyone of the organization. The button only appears for customers that belongs to an organization.
We have a feature request suggesting the ability to choose a default value for the "Share with":
- https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-5307
Please, click on vote and watch to receive updates about the feature.

For now, if the customer does not share the ticket with the organization, an agent must manually set the organization in the ticket.

Regards,
Angélica

Hi Angelica,

I'm afraid it doesn't make any sense to set manually the Organization in a ticket if a customer decided not to share it with his Organization. 

Not sharing a ticket to everyone does not mean you're not part of your Organization. 

This field should really be removable.

Regards,
Simon

I agree with Simon (above).

This button is confusing, especially (as in my case) when an organization has 100 members.  It should be removable.

Seneca

Full agree with Simon.

I don't want that every customer can see other organisations names. Just GDPR issue.

Another + here.

Please remove it.

Thanks.

This is all my opinion:

The Organization field is not fully thought out and it feels like JIRA is trying to solve two unique use cases with it. 

1) I should be able to use the Organization field to determine what tickets belong to what Organizations. 

2) A user should be able to select whether their ticket is public or private to their organization.

A customer's choice to share their ticket should have ABSOLUTELY NO relation to the Organization field. Perhaps another field should be created "Private ticket" with true or false depending on if the user wants to share or not.

So how can one field satisfy both these use cases? It makes no sense. 

If one of my agents sees that Organization is blank - Is that because the customer declined to share? Or is that because our workflow failed to automatically set the Organization based on the customer's email domain? Or something else? How do I know the user doesn't want to share the ticket just because the Organization field is blank? 

Because of all this, we really need fine grained control over that "Share with" field on the Portal, or a completely overhauled solution to these use cases and my suggestion is to create more fields to house the customer's decision to share or not, and then automatically populate the Organization field from their email domain.

This problem impacts downstream processes like searching for all tickets in an Organization - my search won't return results when the customer declined to share their ticket. And if I go and populate the Organization field where it is missing .... the customer may not be happy about me deciding to share their ticket. This can't be solved with one field.

100% agree with your analysis

Like # people like this

Following up on the reasoning provided above, is there any feature request that would address this matter on the Atlassian team end, that can be further upvoted/watched? 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Desk

The Complete Guide to Atlassian for ITSM

Hi Atlassian Community! This is Teresa from the Atlassian team. My colleague Paul Buffington @Buff and I are excited to share a brand new ITSM resource we’ve created – "The Complete Guide to At...

2,258 views 14 22
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you