We are evaluating Jira Servie Desk currently and really enjoy it. Working through some learning curves we have decided that JSD has just about everything we need except a few things here and there which could be a gap in knowledge so I am reaching out to the community. Our standard procedure for problems currently are as follows:
1. If a problem is opened, it has a specific ticket number prefix, PR to help identify problems versus every other issue.
2. Depending on the problem, an email will fire off on New, Update (comments), Pending, and Resolved status.
3. After the Resolved state, we do a post mortem (AKA Root cause analysis) before we can close the problem.
My questions are:
1. How do you setup different prefix keys under the same project?
2. How do you send custom emails for every update to a certain email group? (The automation step only shows customers and reported by options)
3. Is it possible to hide fields until the resolved state so that the SD agent doesn't accidently fill out the wrong infromation prior to the Root Cause analysis?
4. Is this a standard procedure for you? If not, how do you handle your problem notifications to your stakeholders and IT manangement?
Thanks in advance!
1. You don't. Projects have a single key
2. The automation and reporting is designed to inform your customers when things change already. You can set up notification schemes for the JIRA users though.
3. Yes, you can remove fields from the JIRA create/edit screens and only put them on transition screens.
4. We use it pretty much off-the-shelf really.
This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.Read more
...word of mouth, so by 2016, we were working with several other entities on campus to implement Jira Service Desk . The Atlassian motto of “for every team” has really come true for us in this case. We...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs