Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does a Service Desk customer specify the priority for a request

Gary Thompson April 1, 2014

We have a Service Desk for clients to use to create support requests. When they create a new request they go to the service desk, then they click on the request type that they want to use and it goes to a screen where they can enter a summary and then click 'Create' and the request is then created.
Is there a way for them to choose the priority for a request e.g. make a request Minor instead of Critical?
Or is there another way that this is supposed to happen?

Thanks.

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Deb Martinez April 1, 2014

You can put the Priority field onto the Customer Portal form.

0 votes
Stefano Falasca December 29, 2017

Priority has description field too, how can I show description priority together name of priority ?

Danielle Mayrberger February 25, 2020

I need this - any news on how to do this?

0 votes
Jake Huebner March 23, 2016

Once the priority field has been added to the customer portal, does anyone know how to allow this field to be an editable field from the customer portal on an existing issue?? 

Priorities can change all of the time and giving my customers the power to change this field on an existing issue will save me a lot of time having to go in and change myself 

Thomas Ireland June 6, 2016

Yes, I'd like to know if this is possible too. Configured the Edit screen, but it doesn't seem like it affects the customer portal.

Anthony Moore May 4, 2021

+1

0 votes
Gary Thompson April 2, 2014

Thanks, that put me on the right track.

A bit more details on what I did for anybody interested:

From the JIRA dashboard I clicked the Service Desk menu option at the top of the screen and selected the service desk that I'm using.
Clicked the Customer Portal tab which brought up a page showing the Request Types.
Clicked 'Edit Form' in the Actions column for the Issue Type that I want the field to show in.
Clicked the Add a field button, selected Priority, clicked Apply.

Now when a customer creates a request of that issue type the Priorities field is dispalyed.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events