How does Service Desk determine if it will process an email?

Richard Saffell January 30, 2015

Which emails will Service Desk process?  I noticed that if I move a message into the Inbox for the Service Desk that it does not seem to process the message unless I also mark the message as unread.  But if I simply mark a message as unread it is not processed again.

I want to know how Service Desk determines if a message is "new" and also what I need to do to be sure that a message I move into the Inbox is processed by Service Desk.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Piotr Klimkowski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 9, 2015

In case you're still interested, IIRC for POP folder it's based on the DELETED flag set to false, in IMAP it's a combination of DELETED and SEEN flags set to false + SD keeps track of when it checked for email the last time and message must be received after that time

Richard Saffell April 11, 2015

Thanks, this would have been helpful a couple months ago -- we've since moved to another system. Maybe you can provide this information internally to your support people, or put it in your public documentation. Thanks again.

Piotr Klimkowski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2015

Sorry to hear that. I don't work in SD and I monitor mostly questions about JIRA mail handling. I stumbled across this by accident :) I'm sure we'll do better next time. Cheers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events