How does Service Desk determine if it will process an email?

Which emails will Service Desk process?  I noticed that if I move a message into the Inbox for the Service Desk that it does not seem to process the message unless I also mark the message as unread.  But if I simply mark a message as unread it is not processed again.

I want to know how Service Desk determines if a message is "new" and also what I need to do to be sure that a message I move into the Inbox is processed by Service Desk.

1 answer

1 accepted

In case you're still interested, IIRC for POP folder it's based on the DELETED flag set to false, in IMAP it's a combination of DELETED and SEEN flags set to false + SD keeps track of when it checked for email the last time and message must be received after that time

Thanks, this would have been helpful a couple months ago -- we've since moved to another system. Maybe you can provide this information internally to your support people, or put it in your public documentation. Thanks again.

Sorry to hear that. I don't work in SD and I monitor mostly questions about JIRA mail handling. I stumbled across this by accident :) I'm sure we'll do better next time. Cheers

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Feb 15, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

1,033 views 6 18
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot