Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you stop the autopopulation of the comments field?

Andre Kostur August 24, 2015

This morning I started to do a comment on an issue and it auto-populated the comments box with a "hello" and a signature.  How does one stop that?

5 answers

1 vote
Andre Kostur August 25, 2015

This really isn't a feature request though, it's a bug report.   This is somewhat akin to "Hey I'm going to start poking you in the eye now.  If you want me to stop, I'll take it under advisement, and sometime in the future maybe I'll let you choose which eye... and if you're lucky maybe even stop."  I'm curious... what's the Feature Request ID for having the autopopulation added in the first place?

1 vote
Tom Tabruyn August 25, 2015

+1

1 vote
Nathan Smith August 24, 2015

We've just noticed this as well.  An undesirable new feature...

0 votes
Javi
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 25, 2015

We understand this feature is not desirable by all, which is why there is now a feature request to allow admins to manage the pre-populated texts on Service Desk. You can view and vote on the feature request here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-2257

I recommend that you all vote and leave your feedback on the feature request.

0 votes
Justin Kennedy August 25, 2015

This was a recent feature in the August 23rd JIRA Update: https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/23-august-2015-to-29-august-2015-777010089.html#id-23August2015to29August2015-JIRAServiceDesk2.6.0-OD-10

Bump for ability to turn this feature off for all JIRA users or at least in individual user settings. 

Some workflow transitions open a text dialogue that most users ignore if they don't have anything useful to write, we are finding ourselves deleting the text or accidentally posting blank templates.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events