Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you make Operational of Product categorization subdivisions?

Marc_Van_Cauwenberghe July 15, 2017

I cannot find where to do this. I can select for instance 'Software' but next to this the dropdownlist is empty (shows 'none')

Thank you very much

Marc

2 answers

1 vote
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 17, 2017

Hi Marc,

In JIRA Service Desk there is an Operational categorization field which is a category of action or function required to fulfill the request.  This can be found in the incidents issue type per the Incident Management knowledge base article.

If that is what you're talking about please see the Incident Management knowledge base article for more information about this field.

Cheers,

Branden

0 votes
Marc_Van_Cauwenberghe July 17, 2017

Hi Branden,

Thank you, I found what I was looking for.

Marc

John Porada October 12, 2017

Where did you find your answer?  I am looking for how to change the dropdown contents without any luck. 

Like Kira Cheldelin likes this
Barrie Treloar January 12, 2018

I second John's request for more information.

The pages provided have no information on how to customize the Product categorization or Operational categorization fields.

Even the Administering service desk projects page has no links for this.

Using the search box is not returning pages that allow customization, but rather pages that contain these words in tables that define what they mean

Resolution:

After fiddling in the Admin screens I found it under Fields > Custom Fields.

After scrolling to find the relevant field click on the right menu to choose Configure and then on the next screen click Edit Options.

If you want to have child options for these, click on the link in the Option name column.

Like # people like this
Mark T August 24, 2023

Update on editing the options on this field.

Instead of: 

Fields -> Custom Fields -> Configure

Now do:

Fields -> Custom Fields -> Contexts and Default Value

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events