How do you assign a user to an issue that is within a particular team only?

Sophia Stoddart November 14, 2017

Hi,

Urgent query!

I am looking to find out what sort of configuration I need to put in place within our Jira service desk instance that ensures only certain users within a team specified in a field, integrated with Insight', are assignable.

For example:

I have an issue (ticket) - the team needs to be specified from a pre-configured Insight drop-down field which displays all the appropriate groups you can choose from. I choose (Service Management e.g) from the dropdown options.

You now need to assign it to a user...the users displaying in the drop down should only be members of the Service Management Team, you have chosen above. I don't know how to configure this...

Once the issue is created, someone might change the team associated with the issue...if they do, the assignee should automatically become 'unassigned' 

Any help would be brilliant! 

Thanks,

Sophia

1 answer

0 votes
Alexander Sundström
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 16, 2017

Hi Sophia,

This can be achieved using a referenced custom field, according to the documentation at https://documentation.riada.se/insight/latest/insight-administrator-s-guide/insight-custom-fields/insight-referenced-custom-field

Basically you point that field to another custom fields, and based on either inbound or outbound references and your configuration, objects are selectable. When you change the parent custom field, objects are unassigned.

Best Regards
Alexander

Sophia Stoddart November 16, 2017

Hi Alexander,

Thank you for your response, it is much appreciated. I looked in to this and did a bit of digging, and the fact that this isn't working for me currently could be because of a few issues.

We have another project that was set up by Atlassian experts that we got in to configure the tool, and that seems to work ok... and I've copied all the same config. He seems to have certain post functions surrounding it...? He created a transition to change the team, as per the screen shots attached. POst functions - change team.PNGChange team condition.PNGchange team workflo within workflow.PNG

I know that the 'people' section within a ticket is locked down in terms of config... so i'd have to create another insight custom field for 'assignee', in order to use your suggestion above?  

I think the issue could maybe be around permissions and AD integration however. 

I'll update tomorrow once someone from our IT team discuss the AD groups. 

I'll re-post again once I have a resolution. 

Thanks so much for your help.

Have a great day.

Sophia 

Alexander Sundström
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2017

Hi Sophia, yes my solution is about Insight custom fields. it is possible using postfunctions together with Insight to set Assignees etc. For this you could take a look at https://documentation.riada.se/insight/latest/insight-administrator-s-guide/insight-workflow-functions/insight-post-functions

We have a function for Assignee called Assign Issue based on attribute in a selected Insight Object. We also have a groovy script function you could run, where you create your own script, if what you need is not supported out of the box.

Best Regards
Alexander

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events