Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i set the default JIRA comment tab to "Internal Comments" in transition screen?

Thomas Fozzi February 22, 2019

I need to add a comment within a transition screen, but I don't want this comment to be visible to Customers.

Having the "Respond to customer" hidden, or at least having the "Internal Comment" selected by default, would limit the possibilities of mistakes by the Agent.

Is there a way to achieve this very common requirement?

Thanks

Thomas

3 answers

1 vote
David Harkins
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 15, 2022

I have a Transition validation that ensure the comment is Internal.

So while the user can attempt to make a public / customer comment, the transition will be declined unless the comment is internal

Herbert Jaenich March 14, 2023

Hi David, that sounds great. How Do I check for "internal comment" in the validation?

Thank for your help

Like David Harkins likes this
David Harkins
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 21, 2023

@Herbert Jaenich 

A simple Scripted Validator:

import groovy.json.JsonSlurper
import groovy.json.JsonParserType

def returnValue = true

def commentProperty = transientVars?.get("commentProperty")?.toString()

if (commentProperty != null) {
commentProperty = commentProperty.substring(2,commentProperty.length()-2)
def props = new JsonSlurper().setType(JsonParserType.LAX).parseText(commentProperty)
returnValue = props.key == "sd.public.comment" && props.value["internal"] == "true"
}
else {
returnValue = true
}

return returnValue
1 vote
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 22, 2019

Please vote for this suggestion:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-1733 -

Make Internal Comments the default comment type

Thomas Fozzi February 22, 2019

Just voted!

Thanks

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 22, 2019

I note you are on cloud and AFAIK this cannot be done on cloud. You can read a couple of thread discussing this that are listed just to the right under "Related content". There is a KB of how do do this in Server but you don't have the same access in cloud.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Answers-Developer-Questions/How-do-i-set-the-default-JIRA-comment-tab-to-quot-Internal/qaq-p/516025

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Desk-questions/How-do-i-set-the-default-JIRA-comment-tab-to-quot-Internal/qaq-p/861142

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events