How do i indicate my project start to end date?

Galvin Tan January 14, 2018

Hi all, how do I indicate a project`s duration (start to end date) and can I set an alert or disable any ticket creation once the project has ended. Anyone please advise me on this, thank you.

Regards,
Galvin

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 15, 2018

Jira doesn't have those concepts - a project starts when you create it, and ends when you remove user's access by changing the permission scheme to one that disallows any write.

Galvin Tan January 15, 2018

Thanks for the reply Nic, is there anyway that allow me to set an alert 1 month before my project ending date to prompt me the project is going to close in 1 month time. Hope to hear from you soon, thanks.

Regards,

Galvin

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 15, 2018

Again, Jira doesn't have those concepts.  There's nowhere native to store it.

You can, of course, work around it.  Certain types of project in Adaptavist's own Jira have "Project" issues, which are the first ones created when a new project is created.  This would be a good place to have an end date.  Another approach is to do much the same type of issue, but keep them all in a project catalogue type project. 

Either way you can filter for "issue type = project and end-date < +1m" and subscribe yourself to that filter.

Galvin Tan January 16, 2018

Thanks Nic for the advise.

Regards,

Galvin

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events