Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i edit the "People" dropdown?

Darrell Chris Duke April 12, 2019

The Assisted By field by default does not have a user/value associated with it so it does not show up under the people drop down, see screenshot.

People1.PNG

I can create a custom user named "None" and set the default value of the field to show it how I would like it. However, I'm just wondering if there is a way of just having the Assisted By: field show up without a value.

People2.PNG

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Gallien
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 12, 2019

Hi Darrell, this is not possible to do without some hacky scripting. The relevant feature request can be found here if you want to put in your vote: JRASERVER-2997.

Somebody open sourced a Groovy script that works for multi select fields (https://github.com/theschles/JIRA_ScriptRunner_AlwaysDisplaySelectList) but that would not work with a user picker without some significant modification.

For now I think your best bet will be to use your hack, unless you want to get bold with some groovy. If you do, please share the results here ;-)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events