Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I stop users from recording time to an issue after it has been labelled "done" or "resolved"

Akwiwu Ohiaeri May 4, 2018

When an issue is labelled as "done" or "resolved" a user should not be able to record time to that issue, however users still have access. Does anyone know what I'm missing?

2 answers

0 votes
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2018

Hi Akwiwu,

Are you using JIRA Cloud or Server? I believe his other thread may have the answer to your question:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-can-I-prevent-logging-work-time-on-a-closed-JIRA-issue/qaq-p/22988

Carlos

Akwiwu Ohiaeri May 7, 2018

Hi Carlos, 

I'm using JIRA cloud. From reading the thread it looks like the solution is not for the cloud hosted version. 

0 votes
Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2018

Hello Akwiwu,

You need to clarify.

- What do you mean by 'labelled as done or resolved'? Are those statuses? resolutions?

- How did you try to achieve that users would not have access to record time (I think this is logging work)?

If you try to add workflow status property to restrict worklog, could you share it with us?

Anyway, give every details.

Akwiwu Ohiaeri May 7, 2018

Hi Tuncay, 

Those are statuses.

We do allow users to record time (log work)

We did not try to add workflow. I believe that is a solution for Jira Server, not cloud. We are working with jira cloud. 

Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 7, 2018

Ok,

Add below workflow property to those statuses to restrict logging

name: jira.permission.work
value: false

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events