How do I setup outbound email address for jira service desk cloud.

Corey Manshack November 4, 2019

I've already setup my domain and verified it in the administration section. I just want all of our mails to come from @ourdomain.com instead of jira@companyname.atlassian.net

1 answer

0 votes
Cody Stevens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 4, 2019
Corey Manshack November 6, 2019

Thanks @Cody Stevens  I've already checked out that article and setup my domain and verified it per that article but emails still do not come from my domain. My domain also says it is setup properly when using https://domain-check.atlassian.com 

Cody Stevens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 7, 2019

Hey @Corey Manshack 

Did you also change the email notification send from in Project Settings < Notifications

While on that page you will see an edit button next to the email, changing that email to the one on your domain should start sending notifications from it.

Corey Manshack November 11, 2019

jiranoletsendfromexternalemail.PNG

I do not have a purely "Notifications" link in my project settings area. So I clicked 'customer notifications' and 'edit' on one of those emails and there are no options there to change anything like you describe.

Cody Stevens
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 11, 2019

Do you have Jira Admin permissions or just project admin? 

Corey Manshack November 11, 2019

I'm the administrator of the entire cloud account, so not just project admin.

Cody Stevens
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 13, 2019

Sorry for the late response, I am on vacation atm. I havent seen the advanced button before, usually it shows other options like Permissions, Notifications, Workflows, Screens, Fields, etc. What happens if you click the advanced button?

Corey Manshack November 14, 2019

That button just lets me pick between classic service desk and next-gen service desk.

Cody Stevens
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 19, 2019

Ah, In your screenshot the "Your in a next gen project" was cut out and I didn't realize that's what you were in. As far as I know, that functionality is not available in Next Gen projects. That's why those sections I was talking about are not there. You would need to switch over to a classic project to configure the notification scheme.

Corey Manshack November 20, 2019

I wonder how long it will take them to get these features in nextgen because from what I understand classic will go away eventually.

Cody Stevens
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 21, 2019

I don't believe classic will be going away any time soon. Next Gen is an option for users who want a quicker easier experience. Next Gen automatically creates permission, notification schemes. Everything is local to the project so items like Issue Types and workflows are built directly in the project and do not require Jira Admin access and they are not stored anywhere else. 

What we call features, are being intentionally left out to streamline the experience. From what I have heard and what I personally think is they will upgrade classic projects. Things like issue types and workflows may be directly made in the project like it is in Next Gen but the more advanced stuff like permissions, schemes, etc will still be available.  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events