Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I set Request Participants from free e-mail adddresses in other field?

Szymon Trocha June 12, 2019

Hi,

I plan to use Scriptrunner to automatically add Request Participants when creating issue. I saw this https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-automatically-add-request-participants-when-creating-an-issue-777026955.html?_ga=2.6500722.1733616170.1560288402-656426247.1557326868

However the above adds explicite users from the predefined list. I assume existing in JIRA

What I need to do is:

- when creating issue there will be a field to enter e-mail address(-es). This may or may not be existing users

- the script should take these addresses and add them to Request participants field so that they are e.g. notfied

How do I achieve that?

What should be the format of the field to enter addresses? Multi User Picker field? Or this type of field is only for selecting amongst existing jira users.

Thank you in advance for any help

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2019

You will need to create customer accounts from these email addresses, then you'll be able to add them to the request participants field.

Szymon Trocha July 16, 2019

That's a pity :-( I thought it could be done just using text values by Scriptrunner.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events