How do I remove the "Newsletter / Marketing" from subject of an email notification sent to customers

Peter Månsson Hansen September 15, 2019

Subject.png

3 answers

0 votes
Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 17, 2019
Peter Månsson Hansen September 17, 2019

I do have admin permissions to customize settings and we are talking about Cloud

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 17, 2019

If you try the method explained by the Atlassian Support?

Pasting it here:

To edit notifications:

1. From your service desk project, go to Project settings () > Customer notifications.

2. Choose the notification you want to edit, then select Edit.

3. Choose recipients by selecting and editing To. You can delete recipients by selecting the X next to an added recipient.

4. Under Content, edit the message. You can add variables using the Insert variable drop-down to pull blocks of information from issues.

5. To disable a notification, untick the Enable checkbox.

6. Select Save to confirm your changes.

Peter Månsson Hansen September 17, 2019

Sorry, butnothing is showing here that would indicate the problem.

The issue here is that this "Newsletter/Marketing" email subject line is only showing for 1 specific customer on replies coming from Service desk agents.

No other customers have reported this

However, it just seems to be something generated by JIRA Service Desk...

Like Andrzej Ciereszko likes this
Andrzej Ciereszko June 9, 2020

Did you ever figure out this issue? It is also happening to us, and only for one client. Can't find what part of JIRA tacks this on...

Peter Månsson Hansen June 9, 2020

Hi 

No, we never found the exact reason for this.

From my hours of self-investigating this issue, I read a lot about this properly related to some anti-virus software on customer computer side, which automatically adds this label to a JIRA ticket.

After informing the customer about this, we started seeing this label appearing much less, but still it happens sometimes

0 votes
Peter Månsson Hansen September 16, 2019

Outgoing email.pngThanks for your quick reply Teodora, but following your navigation I get to this empty screen

0 votes
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 16, 2019

Hi @Peter Månsson Hansen 

You should navigate to Jira administration > System > Outgoing Mail. Then select outgoing mail servers and you can edit the email prefix. :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events