How do I prevent Service Desk from displaying warning about permission changes

Jason Huntowski September 28, 2017

In service desk, if a permission scheme is changed, the system gives you an obnoxious warning about permission changes and the ability for project admins to change it with a click. Is there a way to turn this off? I checked the Atlassian documentation that is linked by this warning and it talks all about how we may not know what we are doing, but it doesn't have a section where people who do know what they are doing can turn it off.

Any info would be great!

Thanks,

Jason

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 2, 2017

Hi Jason,

This particular feature in Service Desk is helpful in understanding why a Service Desk project might not be functioning as expected.   So there is some benefit to having this warning for the sake of troubleshooting scenarios.  I understand that you feel this warning is obnoxious, and I can certainly understand your concerns and feel your frustration here.

In order to help here, I'd like to know more about your specific case.  For example:

1. What version of Jira Service Desk are you using? (If Jira Server this would be some version of JSD between 2.0.0 and 3.8.0, if Jira Cloud don't worry about the specific version, just let me know if this is a Cloud instance)
  2. When you see this error/warning, is it shown as a critical error (red border) or a non-critical error (yellow border)?
  3. What specific permission was changed in your case to cause this warning to appear?

From my understanding of this issue it should be that the non-critical warnings are something you can dismiss (since JSD server 2.5.2 versions per JSDSERVER-1969), but that the critical warning are not designed to be dismissed because these indicate the change would break the functionality of Service Desk.

Our documentation on Resolving Jira Service Desk permission errors explains that in regards to the critical errors:

You cannot dismiss these error messages, as you must fix them in order for JIRA Service Desk to return to normal operation. 

As such if the change you have made is not a critical error, perhaps there needs to be more refinement to the specific changes that distinguish critical from non-critical.  Please let me know.

Thanks,

Andy

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events