Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I move a Service Desk issue from one request type to another?

Geert Graat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 22, 2014

Hi,

I have a Service Desk with 2 request types (problem report and feature request). If a customer creates a problem report, how can I move this to a feature request? I can move the underlying issue type perfectly well, but that does not affect the request type. Any ideas?

Kind regards,

Geert

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tim Eddelbüttel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2014

Hello Geert,

there is a oustanding feature request for this: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-42

We use this workarround for that but it requires the JIRA Misc Workflow Extension:

• Add a new custom field (single select) with your customer request type values (e.g. projectkey/problem-report)
    Make the field visible on the view screen to see the name from an existing request or look in the database (ao_54307e_viewportform / KEY)
  • Add a new workflow step Customer portal fix with the same source and destination step
  • Place the new custom field on the workflow screen
  • Add the Copy Value From Other Field postfunction.
    From your new custom field to Customer Request Type
  • Disable the notification for this step

The request type is now change in the customer portal.

Regards,
Tim

Geert Graat
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 23, 2014

Thanks for the answer, I will add my vote to the feature request. Regards, Geert

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events