How do I move a Service Desk issue from one request type to another?

Hi,

I have a Service Desk with 2 request types (problem report and feature request). If a customer creates a problem report, how can I move this to a feature request? I can move the underlying issue type perfectly well, but that does not affect the request type. Any ideas?

Kind regards,

Geert

1 answer

1 accepted

Hello Geert,

there is a oustanding feature request for this: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-42

We use this workarround for that but it requires the JIRA Misc Workflow Extension:

• Add a new custom field (single select) with your customer request type values (e.g. projectkey/problem-report)
    Make the field visible on the view screen to see the name from an existing request or look in the database (ao_54307e_viewportform / KEY)
  • Add a new workflow step Customer portal fix with the same source and destination step
  • Place the new custom field on the workflow screen
  • Add the Copy Value From Other Field postfunction.
    From your new custom field to Customer Request Type
  • Disable the notification for this step

The request type is now change in the customer portal.

Regards,
Tim

Thanks for the answer, I will add my vote to the feature request. Regards, Geert

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Jun 14, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

How the Telegram Integration for Jira helps Sergey's team take their support efficiency to the bank

...+ reading Fantasy). The same is true for him at the bank he works for: Efficiency is key when time literally equals money. Read on to learn how Sergey makes most of the time he has by...

785 views 5 7
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you