How do I manually change the status of an issue?

5 answers

1 accepted

0 vote

Amanda,

To change an issue status you should hit one of the workflow transition buttons at the top bar (refer the screenshot below).

Screen Shot 2015-06-16 at 12.13.11 PM.png

There are other ways to change an issue status such using bulk change.

Hope it helps!

Cheers

L.F

Not there.  Now what?

If you don't want to create custom workflow for Service Desk, and just want manually to change the status, you can try automation rules

1. Open Project Settings > Automation
  2. Add Rule > Custom rule
  3. Name: Toggle Worfklow Status
  4. Conditions
    1. WHEN: Comment added
    2. IF Comment is internal & Comment contains Toggle Status & Issue Matches status = "Waiting for Support" THEN Transition issue Respond to Customer
    3. ELSE IF Comment is internal & Comment contains Toggle Status & Issue Matches status = "Waiting for Customer" THEN Transition issue Respond to Support
  5. Enable Rule: Yes
  6. Save

automation-rule.png

Now when you go write internal comment "Toggle Status" to ticket, the worfklow status changes from "Waiting for Support" to "Waiting for Customer" and vice versa

Hi Luciano,

Thank you for getting back with me.  I didn't have the option to manually change the status when I selected 'Respond to customer' the status automatically changed.  Do you happen to have a screenshot of where I can select the status options?  For example, I would like to change the status to 'Requires Additional Resource' but when I select 'Respond to customer' I do not have any additional options to choose from.

Status.png

Hi Amanda, you are referring to the standard ootb workflow. A jira administrator can create an own custom workflow for you with transitions, automation rules & status based on your requirements. BR! Dennis

Hello Amanda,

Another thing I would like to note is that all JIRA status can only be changed to another status via "transitions". When you are in an issue, you will only see the buttons for the transitions that are available from that status. For example, the "Respond to customer" was a transition that  moved the issue from its previous status to its current status of "waiting for support". If you do not see any more transition buttons in this status, this is because the current workflow you have set does not have any transitions out of this status.  

Let us know if you have more questions on this!

-Vincent

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Jun 14, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

How the Telegram Integration for Jira helps Sergey's team take their support efficiency to the bank

...+ reading Fantasy). The same is true for him at the bank he works for: Efficiency is key when time literally equals money. Read on to learn how Sergey makes most of the time he has by...

786 views 5 7
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you