Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I manage a specific "customer organisations" email rules?

David Wood September 18, 2019

Im using JIRA service desk and Im trying to find out how to manage a specific organisations email rules so that people who do not want to receive emails do not and so I can control this. I opened a jira support ticket and didnt get the answer i hoped for, my attempt to re-explain what Im looking to do is as follows: 

I’m interested in finding out how I can manage the emails sent to external helpdesk customers based on their organisations setting.

A member of an external company, that we work with has reported users are receiving emails when she raises a ticket.

So my question is, how can I manage who receives emails when a member of their customer's organisation raise a ticket?

An example of this would be that Bob, Lisa and Fred work at the same company, we have branded their company via our helpdesk as “Cust Ltd”. Lisa emails us a support ticket and Bob and Fred also get notified of it too automatically due to the organisation existing in JIRA. Bob owns the company so he doesn’t want to receive these emails. How can I manage “Cust Ltd” organisation so Bob no longer receives emails via my JIRA login?

(Please can you provide information on how to navigate to the pages used)

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 18, 2019

I assume you have the Customer Notification "Organization added" enabled as this results in an email to all users in an organization when someone in that org creates an issue. I never enable this as it results in a lot of unwanted notifications at least for all current customers I have.

Assuming the above is accurate, my first suggestion is to remove Bob from the Cust Ltd. Organization. An alternative is to disable the above notification rule and using Automation email those customers that wish to be notified for every issue. This might not be scalable if you have many and/or ever changing customers opting in/out.

David Wood September 20, 2019

Thanks Jack!

Yeah the organization added setting was the one I needed. It doesnt allow specific user rules so as you suggested the alternative would have been to remove them from the organization. I turned the setting off instead.

So far so good, thanks again :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events