Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I manage EVERY Service Desk created?

Edwin Chong April 9, 2017

As Admin, I thought I could see all Service Desks projects in the "View all projects" view.

However I have found Service Desk projects that are NOT listed there.

How is this possible? I even created a ticket and got the project key and looked in all issues. But those tickets don't appear.

They look like they are orphaned. 

How is this possible? Thanks for any help/advice you can provide.

1 answer

1 vote
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 10, 2017

Hi Edwin,

There are 2 options to view 'all projects'. One is the View all projects link under Projects you are referring to. This will show you all projects you have Browse Project permission for.

Another way is through the Administration section. As administrator, either select the cog icon in the top right corner of JIRA and choose projects of press gg and type Projects in the dialog that appears. You will then see the full project list.

Edwin Chong April 11, 2017

Thanks Walter. I can now see the project but when I try to access Customer Permissions, I get this "Snap! You can't view this page
You need to be a Service Desk Agent to access this page. Contact your administrator if you need access."

I am the global admin.

Any way to get around this? Thanks!

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 11, 2017

Sure Edwin. As the screen says, you need to be a Service Desk Agent on the project in order to access the configuration screens.

If you can access other Service Desks, that means you already have application access to JSD. If not, this is something you usually manage through membership of the service-desk-agents group.

Then, make sure you are part of the Service Desk Team role of the service desk project. And you should be fine.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events