Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I link Jira Service Desk Server in Azure to Jira Cloud

michael_martin July 1, 2020

I have Jira Service Desk Server installed on an Azure VM. I would like to connect the Jira SD Server to our Jira Cloud instance so that they can communicate with each other, giving us the ability to create/link issues and tickets.

I have tried the following link but it was not very helpful.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/link-to-server-products-from-cloud-744721656.html?_ga=2.138785716.643800614.1587578252-1011794457.1574107258

Thanks in advance.

3 answers

4 votes
Riddhi Shah
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2020

Hello @michael_martin

I'm Riddhi from the Exalate team, Exalate is made for the use case you described. As it allows syncing information bi- and uni-directionally between Jira and Azure DevOps.

It's mega flexible, you can sync all types of information, including comments, attachments, and custom fields. You can control what to sync and whatnot, and much more ....

It can also cater to situations of dealing in a private to public sync, You can find out more about it here.

undefined

By the way, It might also be useful to set up a live video-discussion to demonstrate how Exalate would get set up for your use case

Would that be valuable to you? You can book a suitable slot here.

Cheers,

Riddhi

1 vote
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 1, 2020

@michael_martin - I'm guessing your JSD Server and Jira Cloud instances are both pre-existing? Any plans to merge them?

Consider some of the Marketplace add-ons that allow for syncing between systems. Exalate's Jira Issue Sync (for example) can sync Jira to other systems, including other Jira's:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1213645/exalate-jira-issue-sync-more?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Additionally, if you need an integration solution that will sync two (or more!) services together, including two Jira instances, consider Tray.io. You could create a Tray workflow to automate the creation of an issue in a destination Jira when a specific Jira Service Desk issue is submitted.

0 votes
Zoryana Bohutska _SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 1, 2020
michael_martin July 1, 2020

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately this would not help as I cannot even get the applications to communicate yet for authentication.

Thanks again!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events