Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I find Jira service desk Id

Motolola April 18, 2016

I am trying to find my service desk Id, but have no idea where it is located in the application. I need it to but a url for my request. I also need to get the requesttypeid as well. Thanks

rest/servicedeskapi/request/servicedesk/{servicedeskid}/requesttype/requesttypeid/field

1 answer

1 vote
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2016

You can go to your Service Desk project and click on the "Customer Portal" link to find the link of your service desk. It will also have the service desk id in it.

Motolola April 18, 2016

Thank you Jobin, I get it now, 1 down, still need to identify requesttypeId.

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2016

You can find it at the same place. Click on a request in the consumer portal popup and you will see the link to that request on the top.

Ambika May 2, 2016

Can you please let me know where exactly I can find the servicedeskid? I search customer channel, portal settings but can't find service desk ID. I am using cloud instance. Thanks a lot!!

Allan D Latch June 30, 2016

I see that this question has aged a bit, but I'm having trouble finding the same thing.  From each of the url's for an issue I noticed a string, as well as a numeric value which could be associated (from my perspective) as a serviceDeskID: projects/${service desk string alias}/queues/custom/${numeric value}/{issue number} - for every ticket this numeric value and alias remain the same.  

When I make an api call, though, using either of those I still get a 404 response. 

Mike did you find the solution to your problem?

Allan D Latch June 30, 2016

Well a little more traversing of the API doc's gave me my answer:  

Use rest/servicedeskapi/servicedesk to return all of the service desks, showing their serviceDeskID's and then rest/servicedeskapi/servicedesk/${serviceDeskID}/requesttype to show all of your request-types' id values to complete the url construct. . .

Question ANSWERED  smile

Like # people like this
Motolola June 30, 2016

Thanks Allan, I didn't get it, so I had to kind of change approach in my project, but since you ve found it, I believe this is now useful for other people

Joshua Chauvin April 21, 2020

Hey there. I am within my service desk project right now and do not see a "customer portal" link anywhere. Has the method of retrieving the service desk id changed?

Mark Wissler May 29, 2020

I went to Project Settings -> Portal Settings, then the portal url is of the form https://mycompany.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/PORTALIDHERE

Like Le Roux Meissner likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events