Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I edit a custom field when using Service Desk view?

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2014

This has got to be one of those "is it just me?" questions, but I don't see how I change custom fields after creation of a ticket.

I'm not a customer of JSD, the only time I come in to contact with it is when using Atlassian support, which maybe explains it.

@Joe Wai Tye [Atlassian] recently provided me some sterling help with a JIRA Agile problem I caused, but there was a question which he didn't answer:

Is there any way to get the non-service-desk view? I need to add a "Cc user", despite 9 years experience using jira for some reason I don't see how to do that.

Can anyone help me with that?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Theinvisibleman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 13, 2014

Oops, my bad on that Jamie. I was too engrossed in the Agile problem that I overlooked that particular query.

In any case, as far as I can tell, it's not currently possible for customers to use the standard JIRA view in our support site. And the 'CC User' functionality is not provided in Service Desk, so...you will have to work together with the support engineer to CC the user (you tell them who to be CC-ed, and they will CC them for you).

Sorry for any inconvenience sad

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2014

No problem Joe, it really was only a side query, but every time I use s.a.c I wonder the same thing but then can't be bothered enough to find the answer. Thanks again for your great support yesterday.

0 votes
Cesar Salvado
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 14, 2014

Please check this https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-1029

Regards.

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 14, 2014

That seems to be about incoming mail handlers, but thanks.

Tim Eddelbüttel
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 14, 2014
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 14, 2014

Thanks. I don't really get "JSD", it seems to unwind about 6 years of jira progress. OK, I do get the need for a simplified view, but don't see why it's not possible to switch to the standard view.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events