Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I dissable create project for normal users in Jira Cloud?

laralg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 10, 2018

In Jira cloud my agents can create projects. I do not want anyone creating new projects in Jira except adminitrators, is there any way to dissable it?

1 answer

1 vote
joshloe
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 10, 2018

Lara,

If the user does not have the JIRA Global Permission 'Administer JIRA' they should not be able to create a project.

You can check your Global Permission settings by navigating from a site-admin account to "Settings -> System -> Global Permissions".  Or a handy link would be:

* https://yourinstance.atlassian.net/secure/admin/GlobalPermissions!default.jspa

In JIRA Cloud there are now projects called 'independent projects'. 

Independent projects in Jira can be created by any licensed user. These projects do not share their configuration with any other project. They have their own workflows and fields, their own permissions and their own destinies.

With independent projects, anyone can manage their own work and their working process, without having to reach out to an administrator for help. Check out this section to learn more about setting up and managing independent Jira projects.

By default the group 'Anyone' is added as permission to create this new project type.  If you wish to remove that privilege you can do so by navigating to the same Global Permissions screen and removing the 'Anyone' group from 'Create independent projects'

laralg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 12, 2018

Thanks Josh! Was this announced  in any way? I think it should be dissable by default to prevent users from creating a lot of unnecesary projects when you start working with Jira.
Right now we are handling a lot of projects and we need everyone working the same way!

joshloe
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 17, 2018

No problem at all Lara!  This was actually announced in the Feb 2018 Atlassian Cloud Documentation Blog.    Cloud updates and features come a lot quicker than server, as we have direct access to the application on our end.  My suggestion would be to watch the Atlassian Cloud Documentation blog posts, as you will be alerted when a post is made and see any changes that are rolled out.

Have a great week Lara!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events