How do I disable the sign up email in Service desk (cloud)

Erwin Out December 1, 2014

Hi,

I'd like to disable the email notification new service desk customers get after sending a email to the service desk.

Email is like:

Welcome to Service Desk xxxxxxxxxxx!                                                       
You have been granted access to Service Desk Nikhefhousing portal 
Visit portal

I allready disabeld the Notifications, but this does not effect the email new service desk customers get.

Kind regards,

Erwin

13 answers

5 votes
Erwin Out December 1, 2014

Thanks for your answer, but when I disable 'anyone can sign up' option, email send to the service desk from unknown customers don't turn in to tickets on the service desk. And that's what I do want smile

So I do want email send to the service desk to become tickets on the service desk, but I don't want a email notification with sign-up option send tot the sender.

Kind regards

4 votes
Paula Silveira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 17, 2015

There's a feature request to disable Welcome notification as you can see on JSD-1708 and there's a feature request for customization of this message as you can see on JSD-218

Thanks and regards,
Paula Silveira 

3 votes
Georgios Christopikos October 8, 2015

It would be nice to disable this in Jira/service desk instead of applying rules at the exchange server

2 votes
Julian Himes April 16, 2015

Same issue.  Please update!

1 vote
Doug Charles November 13, 2015

Any update on when the feature to disable auto Welcome notification will be implemented? 

1 vote
Yevhen L October 8, 2015

Waiting for welcome mails feature (as well as answer templates) since version 1. Until then have to use another Helpdesk system :-/

1 vote
Einar Hem September 20, 2015

Hi all.

We made a work-around for this issue by setting a rule on our mail server.

All outgoing messages from the Service Desk user with the topic "Welcome to ....." is automatically blocked/not sent to the original recipient. 

Deleted user May 4, 2016

Hi - I realise this is an old ticket, but I'm looking for this feature and I'm interested to know how you managed to do this on the Cloud instance of JIRA? Your explanation indicates to me that you had access to the outgoing mail server of JIRA, which I'm assuming would only be applicable on a server based instance. In the could, the notification for "Welcome" or "Sign up" would be sent to the requester/reporter directly from the Cloud. Could you help?

docksteaderluke May 16, 2016

I have this issue as well on a Cloud instance. How do we disable the "Sign up" email while keeping issue creation open to any user that emails the support email?

Deleted user May 16, 2016

Hey Luke, unfortunately at the moment this isn't available, however as this is a highly requested feature Atlassian have decided to work on it as a priority. They are running a beta now.

See details here:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-218

Sam Campos October 28, 2016

This has been turned into a new feature request, please go and vote on it!

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-1708

Deleted user January 5, 2017

@Einar Hem hei Einar, could you please tell me : step by step how you did it? like where in JIRA SD you set up this rule? 

''We made a work-around for this issue by setting a rule on our mail server.

All outgoing messages from the Service Desk user with the topic "Welcome to ....." is automatically blocked/not sent to the original recipient.''  

...or anyone else who knows how to do it laugh 

1 vote
Georgios Christopikos September 20, 2015

I would really appreciate a fix for this. I don´t really need my customers to know all the info in the welcome mail.

1 vote
Jan Pustějovský April 7, 2015

Hi, we have the same problem, did you find any solution ? Thank you.

1 vote
rooksoftware March 22, 2015

I need the same option, but on the server version of JSD. Has there been any more information found on this subject?

1 vote
sensusmedia-fail February 14, 2015

We have the same requirement.
Is there a solution?

Regards.

0 votes
voldemar_work August 19, 2016

Hi, we have the same problem

0 votes
Cesar Salvado
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2014

You must go to the service desk project configuration and click in the people\customers and in the top right you must have everyone have access, click in this option and desactivate Anyone can sign up for a customer account on my Customer Portal

Regards.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events