Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I customize the list under Help Desk Menu on Jira Service Desk home page

Bhisham Bajaj April 12, 2019

I am configuring service desk for my company. When I land on the homepage of Customer Portal.

1. Find Help & Services -- It should be linked with Confluence Knowledge Base. I don't have Confluence so I want to remove this.

2. Help Desk- Which allows users to submit requests & Search Question. This has basic options like Wi-Fi set up, Laptop issues etc. I don't want this too

3. Customer Service Portal (3rd option) - I am able to configure it using request type & Groups which is fine now.

I am not able to find any documentation for the same too. Below is the screenshot:

Capture.PNG

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

1 vote
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 15, 2019

Hi Bhisham,

I saw that you created a ticket with our support related to the same question, so to avoid any possible misunderstandings or miscommunication that may arise from discussing the same matter in two different platforms, let's focus on the ticket instead.

Regards,
Angélica

Bhisham Bajaj April 16, 2019

Thanks, Angélica for this but unfortunately, I haven't seen any update on the case either. It has been more than 24 hours so if you can help me then please let me know. I don't mind about the platform.

Regards,

Bhisham 

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 16, 2019

Hi Bhisham,

Sure, no problem, we are here to help!

1. Find Help & Services -- It should be linked with Confluence Knowledge Base. I don't have Confluence so I want to remove this.

- On this field, we can find articles and also request types. It's not possible to remove or hide. We have a feature request suggesting this:
- https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-2488

2. Help Desk- Which allows users to submit requests & Search Question. This has basic options like Wi-Fi set up, Laptop issues etc. I don't want this too

- To remove this you must change the project to private. Please, go to the Project settings > Customer permissions > Who can access the portal and send requests to Help Desk? > Customers my team adds to the project > Save.
Only people that are listed on "People" or "Customers" will be able to see this project in the customer portal. If this project is not necessary, you can also delete it, but everything related to the project will be deleted and there is no option to revert it.

3. Customer Service Portal (3rd option) - I am able to configure it using request type & Groups which is fine now.

- I'm not sure I understood correctly, if there is something you need to change, please let us know more details.

Regards,
Angélica

Bhisham Bajaj April 16, 2019

Hi Angelica,

Thanks for this. Below are my comments:

1.  On this field, we can find articles and also request types. It's not possible to remove or hide. We have a feature request suggesting this: --

[BB] Okay, we can live with this.

2. To remove this you must change the project to private. Please, go to the Project settings > Customer permissions > Who can access the portal and send requests to Help Desk? > Customers my team adds to the project > Save.
Only people that are listed on "People" or "Customers" will be able to see this project in the customer portal. If this project is not necessary, you can also delete it, but everything related to the project will be deleted and there is no option to revert it.

[BB] We already have this settings enabled. I am not sure if I was clear about my query. I have circled the component which I want to remove (or if I can customize) in the image below.

3. I'm not sure I understood correctly, if there is something you need to change, please let us know more details. -- I am good here. I know how to customize this section.

Capture.PNG

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
April 19, 2019

If the card to access Help Desk is still visible to you, it means that you are still in the project. As you are an administrator it will be visible. If you log in using a customer account that does not have access to the project, you will only see Customer Service Portal.

Bhisham Bajaj April 22, 2019

Hi,
I have checked this, Unfortunately, this is not true. As a customer, I can see both cards.

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
April 24, 2019

I saw that our support had a remote session with you to explain the permissions in Service Desk. As they are helping you on the ticket, let's focus on the ticket and when it's resolved, please feel free to add the resolution here.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events