Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I create a ticket in Jira through mail.?

Rahul Kumar July 31, 2018

Hi Team,

Kindly guide me to configure mail through which I could send the mail a ticket will generate automatically rather than creating the ticket through panel.

1 answer

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 31, 2018

@Rahul Kumar, please see this article - Receiving requests by email

Hi Jack,

I've configured this but still unable to generate the tickets could you please help me it seems I've missed somewhere.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 31, 2018

What have you done differently to the docs, and do you have any error messages?

I am using Jira on server not on the Jira cloud.

Kindly suggest.

If require I can share the remote session to trouble shoot or anything if you require from my side please let me know.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 31, 2018

@Rahul Kumar, we are users like you so we can't provide direct support just guidance and hopefully answers. Please provide details of what you have done. Screenshots of you email config. Feel free to redact the details of the email given this is public forum if you wish. By the way, you can get to the server doc via the link I provided via the buttons in the upper right of the article. Choose your version.

Hi @Jack Brickey@Nic Brough -Adaptavist-,

I've installed Jira Service desk on one of my Unix server, now I want to generate a ticket through mail for which I've configured the mail settings under the settings tab as suggested on the link i.e under system tab>Incoming mail>POP/IMAP server where I've added the host & credential>

And secondly I've added the details on mail handlers .

refer the screenshot below & suggest further if I've missed something.

Selection_147.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 31, 2018

Mail handlers are for Jira Core or Jira Software, Service Desk does it differently.  Are you interested in Service Desk or non Service Desk?

Hi @Nic Brough -Adaptavist-

I am intrested on Jira Service Desk.

Suggest me for Jira Service Desk.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 31, 2018

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist-

Thanks for your support now I am able to generate ticket through mail.

If anything else required I'll let you know.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events