Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I create a Jira Servce Desk queue for each customer / organization ?

Michael Green July 3, 2017

How do I create a Jira Servce Desk queue for each customer / organization ?

2 answers

0 votes

I would suggest its a pretty pathetic Service Desk system that can't quickly and easily sort and filter by organisation, division, department etc 'out of the box.  Therefore what am I missing ?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 3, 2017

Have you tried the following?

reporter in organizationMembers("Org")

That would mean I'm correct and there is no easy way to sort or filter by organisation..... having to go into Advanced mode and hard code the Organisation name into a Query is pretty poor...

That said, I'll have a look..... thanks.

Michael Green July 4, 2017

That seems to work...but still pretty poor that I have to hard code the text in a query.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 4, 2017

Michael,

I want to ensure that your original goal was actually met here since, IMO, the solution I offered would not reflect a poor product if my assumption of your problem is accurate. Given that you are less than satisfied makes me think that maybe you were wanting something else.

Your original question was 'how to create a queue for each customer/organization'. So I interpreted that to mean something like this... I have four customer organizations I support (IBM, ATT, Sony, Billy-Bob's-Boutique). I wish to create separate queues in JSD so that I can have different agents processing each organization and I can have dedicated list of issues by organization rather than a single queue with all tickets from all organizations. 

If my interpretation is accurate then I'm unclear where the product failing lies since to create separate queues you need to construct one for each organization. Keep in mind that queues really are nothing more than filtered lists. In fact you can achieve the same thing by creating a filtered list under the "Issues" menu.

Given you mention having to hard code this into a query maybe you were in fact looking for a solution leveraging a single queue with drop down filtering (excel-like) or maybe simply the ability to sort the list by orgainzation. Note the later is something that is associated with an open JSD ticket - JSDCLOUD-298.

I'm happy to point you in a different direction if your original request was not fully met.

Perhaps as a starting point it would be helpful if you could explain why JIRA ServiceDesk can't easily filter based on organisation i.e. why don't basic filters work and why do I have to specify each organisation value manually in text in advanced mode......

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 4, 2017

For my purpose I don't find it too challenging. With that said I don't use Organization except for a few instances and when I do the filters are static - once created I don't need to change them.

I would suggest opening an Atlassian support ticket that would turn into a suggestion. In fact there may be one already so you may wish to search the JSD support site so you can vote it up.

if you look at the link you posted/referenced there seems to be quite a number of people that share the same opinions I've expressed above and have asked for this feature/asked this question.  I would argue that inexperienced users shouldn't have to be writing advanced queries just to be able to sort and filter by organisation.

Like Reshma Pendse likes this
0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 3, 2017

You just create a queue that includes reporter in (a,b,c) or if you have placed all individuals in different Organization for the project then you can filter on the Organization which will be preferred if you have more than a few customers from any one org.

I can't see how I can filter on Organisation - the field is both empty and uneditable and can't be used in filters.

Please provide an example.  Thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events