Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I control which fields are displayed in the "People" section on the ticket view

George Town December 20, 2017

Some of the fields in my custom request type are showing in the "People" section of the ticket rather than in t#e "details" screen. 

This makes it very confusing for the person working on the ticket as the information they need is split. 

How do I move these fields to show them in the details screen?

Request.PNG

Thanks in advanced for your responses. 

Regards

George

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 20, 2017

The issue view automatically groups user and group fields into "people". 

Your options to move those over are:

• Do not use user pickers for the fields
  • Find/write a custom field type that looks like a user picker, but does not tell Jira it is a user picker
  • Radical surgery to rearrange how Jira displays view screens

The first two involve loss of functionality around users in fields though, so they may not be useful

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 20, 2017

I like radical surgery! that is always fun! ;-)

Thanks Nic

I think "Radical Surgery" might be a bit further than I am willing to go to fix this issue. I will explore the route of changing the fields.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 20, 2017

This is by design. The fields are 'people' related so are organized there. This can't be changed natively. Maybe an add-on would provide the ability but unsure.

Thanks Jack, looks like I will have to re-think how my custom request types are setup.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events