Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I configure JIRA Service Desk to send an email on VIP issue submission?

Evn April 14, 2015

Specifically we're looking to generate an email to a pager address whenever a VIP submits a an issue. We'd like to do this without using JEMH, because I don't know how well JEMH interacts with Service Desk's ability to create external "customers" automatically.

1 answer

0 votes
Boris Berenberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 14, 2015

JIRA will have no way of flagging an issue created via email as a VIP issue. However if the user creates a ticket via the UI and this flag is set, then you can use a subscription filter which monitors recently created tickets.

Evn April 15, 2015

Let's say I create a static JIRA User group that contains all of our VIP users. Is there any way to make the Service Desk set a VIP flag at that point, to which we could then subscribe?

Boris Berenberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 15, 2015

You could create a VIP only service desk to which access is granted based on this group, and then have a hidden custom field which is auto set to VIP which you can filter on. You can not have it automatically apply this to tickets. You may be able to work around it using the Automation plugin: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.plugin.automation.jira-automation-plugin though I am not entirely sure.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events