Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How do I combine Jira Service Desk with Jira?

We have a variety of customers who will want to file bugs, request new features, and generally request support.

We already have Jira set up for managing both customer products as well as our core products.

I'm having a hard time figuring out from the documentation how I can add a customer to Jira Service Desk and have a bug opened there link to the existing project in Jira.

Is this a common/expected workflow?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Community Leader Aug 13, 2019

This is frequently asked in the Community. Here is an article that might help. I encourage you to search the Community for similar discussions and review a few to see what fits your needs. 

Jack Community Leader Aug 22, 2019

Pulling the conversation back into this thread...

well I see that you are on server so... unfortunately “create linked issue” isn’t a thing in server, only in cloud. 😢

you can still create a clone and move it to the JSW project but not ideal.

Ugh. Okay. Well, that doesn't get us to where I had hoped ...

@Jack Thanks. I spent a good bit of time looking through docs and not finding something as concise as this.

@Jack I looked at the article and have been testing a variety of options in the UI of both Jira and Jira Service Desk, and I cannot find how to actually do the linking.

Screen Shot 2019-08-22 at 4.43.49 PM.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Asked in Jira Service Desk

Calling all Insight users, we need your help!

Hello Insight users,  As part of our (Mindville's) acquisition by Atlassian, our training team is looking to build some new Insight training materials. It would really helpful if you can ...

96 views 1 0
View question

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you