Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I apply a license to an instance that won't start up

BrunoRadolini September 4, 2017

I upgraded my JIRA Service Desk to a version that was not supported by my old license, so I have bought a new license, but JIRA won't start up now, so I can't apply the license.

The exact message is:

License Too Old For Build: We found a problem with your JIRA license

Your current JIRA Service Desk license doesn't allow you to upgrade to this version of JIRA (7.4.4). JIRA Service Desk expired on 17/Mar/17 1:00 PM, and you can currently only upgrade to versions released prior to this date. Alternatively you can renew your license at my.atlassian.com which will allow you to upgrade to this version of JIRA (7.4.4). You can enter your new license here.
See our documentation for more information on licensing errors.

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Gaston Valente
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2017

Brian,

Can you post an screenshot?

The message is telling that there's a place to upload the new license:

"....You can enter your new license here."

BrunoRadolini September 4, 2017

You are absolutely right, and I'm an idiot (to be fair, I was in panic mode!)

I clicked the link and once I'd remembered now to associate my license with my server code, it accepted the license and it's now back up and running.

Many thanks for your help :)

Gaston Valente
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2017

It happened to all of us :D

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events