Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I add an option to the Service Desk portal to close an issue?

oron hovav December 5, 2017

I am trying to add an option to the portal to allow customers to close issues

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 5, 2017

Hi Oron,

In the workflow, in diagram mode only.  Click on the Transition.  A checkbox " Show transition in the customer portal" will be displayed.  If you check that off, the transition will be visible to your customer.

Hope that helps

Susan

Christian Reichert (resolution)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2017
oron hovav December 6, 2017

Hi, 

Thanks for your response.

I am trying to give the customers permissions that they can change the status to "closed" from any status, but the agents  will use a workflow that can not change the status from any status.

I want the customers to be able to say at any given time, my issue is solved.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 6, 2017

@oron hovav, Susan’s answer is accurate and what you want. You can either change the workflow so that the Closed status can be transitioned to from All other statuses and expose that transition leg to the portal or add individual transitions from all other statuses to Closed and expose. Note that your agents will have the same (and more) power as you customers. They simply need to be trained on proper workflow etiquette. 

oron hovav December 6, 2017

Thank you very much, I just thought there was another way.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events