How do I add an option to the Service Desk portal to close an issue?

I am trying to add an option to the portal to allow customers to close issues

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.
Susan Hauth Community Champion Dec 05, 2017

Hi Oron,

In the workflow, in diagram mode only.  Click on the Transition.  A checkbox " Show transition in the customer portal" will be displayed.  If you check that off, the transition will be visible to your customer.

Hope that helps

Susan

Hi, 

Thanks for your response.

I am trying to give the customers permissions that they can change the status to "closed" from any status, but the agents  will use a workflow that can not change the status from any status.

I want the customers to be able to say at any given time, my issue is solved.

Jack Brickey Community Champion Dec 06, 2017

@oron hovav, Susan’s answer is accurate and what you want. You can either change the workflow so that the Closed status can be transitioned to from All other statuses and expose that transition leg to the portal or add individual transitions from all other statuses to Closed and expose. Note that your agents will have the same (and more) power as you customers. They simply need to be trained on proper workflow etiquette. 

Thank you very much, I just thought there was another way.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 13, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

Jira Service Desk – Don’t be afraid, the journey begins with curiosity!

...be more productive while being fun to use at the same time. For some, getting started can be a bit intimidating. This is especially true if Jira Service Desk is your first exposure to Atlassian...

10,383 views 9 28
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you