Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I add a https link to a field in next-gen service desk request type?

Marie Philips August 7, 2020

Trying to add a link to a How to.. article into a next-gen service desk report template. This is to ensure the article is always accessible in relation to specific questions on the template. I have tried using a paragraph field because it has an insert link command. I complete the the link and text to display details, and in the project settings it looks like this:

TI_ link in SD.pngBut when I open the revised template in the service desk portal, like a user would do, it isn't a hyper link and it looks like this:

TI_field in portal.pngHow do I get it to appear correctly to the user in the portal?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 10, 2020

Hello Marie,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

Testing on my local site, I was able to replicate the same issue and it happens because the editor for the Description fields in the portal is a simple text box and it's not possible to format any text.

The editor that customers see after the ticket is created and also the one we see when configuring the request type, it's the markdown editor. That's why it shows normally if we see this field internally.

Here is how it shows after the ticket is created:

Screen Shot 2020-08-10 at 13.45.26.png

There is a feature suggesting to add Markdown for Description fields in the portal. If this feature is implemented, it would fix this issue:

Please, click on vote and watch to receive updates about the feature.

As a workaround, you can add an announcement in the portal with the link to the article. 

Screen Shot 2020-08-10 at 13.47.55.png

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events