Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can you display the group on a Support ticket in Jira Service Desk

Robyn Feather May 23, 2018

We have organised our request types into groups but once the issue is raised the group is not displayed on the issue so. How can we get the group to display so that we can allocate to agents based on group

1 answer

0 votes
Jason Galea
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 23, 2018

Hi @Robyn Feather,

Check the permission Scheme of the project.

You might need to add the group into the "Assignable User" Permission

Cheers,
Jason

Robyn Feather May 23, 2018

Thanks Jason, I am not sure that really answers my question. In our Customer Portal we have requests under different groupings which conform to our different products. I want to be able to know automatically on the issue which group the user selected so that I can then assign the issue based on this group or automatically assign a product categorization based on the group.

I cannot see that group is actually a field that I can access. Is that correct, do you know?

Jason Galea
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 23, 2018

Hi @Robyn Feather,

Then the easiest way is to create Automation using This plugin. 

Create a post-function to assign the issue to a group of people is a condition is met. For example: If an issue is created and product X is selected, as a post-function, assign the issue to the Group.

Just make sure to create a custom field called 'Group Picker' field on the Issue Type Screens. 

Once the issues gets assigned to the Group, members of the Group will be notified. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events