It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How can you display the group on a Support ticket in Jira Service Desk

We have organised our request types into groups but once the issue is raised the group is not displayed on the issue so. How can we get the group to display so that we can allocate to agents based on group

1 answer

Hi @Robyn Feather,

Check the permission Scheme of the project.

You might need to add the group into the "Assignable User" Permission

Cheers,
Jason

Thanks Jason, I am not sure that really answers my question. In our Customer Portal we have requests under different groupings which conform to our different products. I want to be able to know automatically on the issue which group the user selected so that I can then assign the issue based on this group or automatically assign a product categorization based on the group.

I cannot see that group is actually a field that I can access. Is that correct, do you know?

Hi @Robyn Feather,

Then the easiest way is to create Automation using This plugin. 

Create a post-function to assign the issue to a group of people is a condition is met. For example: If an issue is created and product X is selected, as a post-function, assign the issue to the Group.

Just make sure to create a custom field called 'Group Picker' field on the Issue Type Screens. 

Once the issues gets assigned to the Group, members of the Group will be notified. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Desk

[New Resource] The Complete Guide to Atlassian for ITSM

Hi Atlassian Community! This is Teresa from the Atlassian team. My colleague Paul Buffington @Buff and I are excited to share a brand new ITSM resource we’ve created – "The Complete Guide to A...

509 views 7 10
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you