How can we modify the customer signup page to request user address - at least city and country

Subbu December 19, 2019

Currently we request users to enter their address when they signup to enter an issue.  We are considering moving to JIRA Service Desk; but I don't see a way to add fields to collect this information in the signup page.  Is there any way ?

2 answers

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 12, 2020

Subbu,

At this time there is not a way to adjust the signup page delivered by Atlassian.

Roland October 19, 2020

This is not exactly rocket science to add some new fields to the signup page. When will this be added?

0 votes
Przemysław Ferkaluk December 19, 2019

Hi there!

You can add a custom field.

In your Jira app go to Settings (above your profile avatar) > Issues. Then go to section Fields and click on Custom fields. In that view you'll see "Add custom field" button. From there you can add Text field (single-line or multi line) and name it however you want and associate it to a desired project :)

I am afraid that there is no specific addresses field (like postal code, country, etc.) but surely you can create these by following the given instruction. The only problem that would occur is validation. 

You could also add an extension to your JSD app :)

Cheers!

Subbu December 19, 2019

Thanks Przemysław.  When you say Jira App, are you referring to the browser ?  I have added custom fields in the past; but I don't see a way to make it appear in the signup page.

Przemysław Ferkaluk December 19, 2019

Yes, I did refer to the browser :) 

When you create a custom field, the first step is to name it and edit it if it is necessary. Next one is to assign this created filed to a project. 

If you want to assign already existing field you have to go to Custom fields, find the field that you want to assign, click on the three dots on the right, select Screens. This action will redirect you to the Association view, right there you have to choose in which project you want to use this field. 

Subbu December 19, 2019

Thanks for continuing to help me.  I can associate a field with a project; but I don't see a way to associate the field with the new customer signup form.  I see the below open issue with Atlassian which seem to describe my  requirement.  It has been in "Gathering Interest"state with just 16 votes since 2015.  

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-1637?_ga=2.232391898.476541111.1576750124-1938219518.1556865919

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events