How can we have different customized screens for agent and customer portal

Krishan Kumar Jha April 8, 2020

We have different request types under a project and each request type will have a different screen for customer portal and agent portal as well.

I have created a single screen for the project and choose fields for each request type but can not have customized screens for agent portal.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 11, 2020

This can't be done.  The customer and agent portals are the same thing.

Krishan Kumar Jha April 11, 2020

I tried but customer and agent portals are different for me in JIRA service desk.
I can not customize the agent portal.

Can we hide the resolution, priority, label and components fields from agent portal?
If yes please suggest the steps involved.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2020

No, they're not.  The customer and agent portals are the same thing.

I suspect you are mixing up "screens" with "portals".  The portal is the view a customer or agent sees when they are creating or looking at requests.

Behind a request, there is an underlying Jira issue, which the customer does not see.  The agent works with the issue, and the screen is one part of the things that define what fields are on an issue.

If you're not using priority, labels or components on your issues, then yes, remove them from the screens (bear in mind you must NOT do this if you are using them on the portal, because that would make it impossible for the request to work).  Editing a screen has no effect on the customer portal, and customers do not get a view of the screen.

Do not hide resolution, you need it for Jira to report correctly.

Krishan Kumar Jha April 13, 2020

Can you please let me know if i can't hide resolution, then how can i have customized values for resolution field for each project?
As far as i search there is a way to add new values to the resolution field but there is no way to limit the values of resolution field to certain options for each project.
Please guide

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 13, 2020

Resolution is a global field, but you can limit what your people get offered with Workflow properties 

Krishan Kumar Jha April 14, 2020

I was trying to limit the resolution field values in the workflow properties:

But still i can not limit the values in the portal!

Can you please help?

Is there any way to show you the issues i am facing?
It would be great if i can get some support to customize JIRA service desk according to our use.

Asking my first question again.

As i can see there are different portal for Agents and customers, i am not able to customize the customer portal (view screen). There is no option to edit the issue once it is created.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 15, 2020

Resolution is not a field you usually give to the customers to set.

Repeating your initial question does not change the answer - there are no different portals for different people, there is the portal for everyone, and Jira internal screens for Agents to work with the underlying issue.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events