Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can we configure our service desk to assign tickets to a triage team?

Cathy July 24, 2018

Hi,

We are interested in using Jira for internal tickets and all users would be assigned as agents, (as we all both request and are assignees of tickets raised between different departments and groups).  We have Triage team function to which new tickets are initially assigned, then the Triage team analyse and reassign the tickets to the appropriate product group.  Please can you advise on how to configure a workflow for this use case?

Many thanks,

Cathy 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 24, 2018

I would recommend simply using queues and leave the Triage Queue to equate to unassigned. In this manner all agents are responsible to review this queue and keep it empty.

Variant:

if your use case is such that you need multiple Triages Queues then you can use components or a custom field that is filled in when creating the issue. Then the queues can be setup to distinguish between the triage groups.

Cathy July 25, 2018

Hi and thanks for your reply, I will explore how this will work for us too :)

Many thanks,

Cathy 

0 votes
Cristian Rosas [Tecnofor]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2018

Hi @Cathy

It looks you can do it with only permission scheme. As best practices, create a role called Triage Team and give this role assign permission. Also, include your group to this new role in your Service Desk project.

If you have a more strict situation, specify all of your needs so we can help you ^^

Cathy July 25, 2018

Hi and thanks for your reply, I will explore how this will work for us :)

Many thanks,

Cathy 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events