It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How can we configure our service desk to assign tickets to a triage team?

Hi,

We are interested in using Jira for internal tickets and all users would be assigned as agents, (as we all both request and are assignees of tickets raised between different departments and groups).  We have Triage team function to which new tickets are initially assigned, then the Triage team analyse and reassign the tickets to the appropriate product group.  Please can you advise on how to configure a workflow for this use case?

Many thanks,

Cathy 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Community Leader Jul 24, 2018

I would recommend simply using queues and leave the Triage Queue to equate to unassigned. In this manner all agents are responsible to review this queue and keep it empty.

Variant:

if your use case is such that you need multiple Triages Queues then you can use components or a custom field that is filled in when creating the issue. Then the queues can be setup to distinguish between the triage groups.

Hi and thanks for your reply, I will explore how this will work for us too :)

Many thanks,

Cathy 

0 votes

Hi @Cathy

It looks you can do it with only permission scheme. As best practices, create a role called Triage Team and give this role assign permission. Also, include your group to this new role in your Service Desk project.

If you have a more strict situation, specify all of your needs so we can help you ^^

Hi and thanks for your reply, I will explore how this will work for us :)

Many thanks,

Cathy 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira Service Desk

Tell us how you've implemented Change Management

Hello Community 👋, I'm a product manager at Atlassian, looking at improving change management capabilities across our products. In particular, we're looking at bridging the gap between Dev & ...

287 views 0 5
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you