How can we avoid sending emails to our incoming handler by mistake?

Mick Lovell September 13, 2019

We use Office 365 Outlook for our email.  As you type a users name into the 'to' field, the auto complete fills in the users display name.  Sometimes, if the person was replied to recently on a Jira Service Desk issue, the email address associated with the user name is the project's incoming email handler and not the user's email address.  This is causing unintended Jira issues to be created.  Has anybody else experienced this, and is there a good solution to avoiding or eliminating this problem? 

Thank you,

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 13, 2019

this is an Outlook function/issue associated with autocomplete. Yes i have experienced this but it isn't limited to Jira. I have to regularly delete unwanted suggested recipients to stay on top of it and still pay attention to what is being suggested. Here is an article (dated) on how to manage Outlooked suggested recipients. manage-suggested-recipients-in-the-to-cc-and-bcc-boxes-with-auto-complete

if anyone has an way to exclude these altogether I would be thrilled.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events