Recognition

• Give kudos
  • My kudos

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How can we avoid sending emails to our incoming handler by mistake?

We use Office 365 Outlook for our email.  As you type a users name into the 'to' field, the auto complete fills in the users display name.  Sometimes, if the person was replied to recently on a Jira Service Desk issue, the email address associated with the user name is the project's incoming email handler and not the user's email address.  This is causing unintended Jira issues to be created.  Has anybody else experienced this, and is there a good solution to avoiding or eliminating this problem? 

Thank you,

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Community Leader Sep 13, 2019

this is an Outlook function/issue associated with autocomplete. Yes i have experienced this but it isn't limited to Jira. I have to regularly delete unwanted suggested recipients to stay on top of it and still pay attention to what is being suggested. Here is an article (dated) on how to manage Outlooked suggested recipients. manage-suggested-recipients-in-the-to-cc-and-bcc-boxes-with-auto-complete

if anyone has an way to exclude these altogether I would be thrilled.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Asked in Jira Service Desk

Calling all Insight users, we need your help!

Hello Insight users,  As part of our (Mindville's) acquisition by Atlassian, our training team is looking to build some new Insight training materials. It would really helpful if you can ...

266 views 4 6
View question

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you