How can we add custom fields to the Service Desk Customers?

Piyush Chawhan July 10, 2017

I am looking to add few custom fields at the Customer level in JSD. Ex- Contract Start Date and End Date. 

3 answers

2 votes
Deleted user July 10, 2017

Hi Piyush,

I don't think it is possible to add custom fields to JSD customers, however, there are several add-ons on a marketplace that could help you store further customer related information. Among the most popular are:

Atlas CRM

CRM for JIRA - Customers & Sales

I hope this helps,

Jiri

0 votes
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 11, 2017

That's what we do, is maintain user's properties such as their Client and Tempo account and then when the user creates an issue we use a post workflow function to populate the custom field "Client" from the user property and the tempo Account field form the user's property.  DOn't love the overhead, but don't know any other way around it.

Piyush Chawhan July 11, 2017

Thanks for you response

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2017
  1. Add the new fields to Custom Fields.
  2. Add these fields to the Screen assigned to the Create operation for the respective screen scheme assigned to an Issue Type in your project.
  3. Add these fields to the Request Type as appropriate.

Does this create a custom field at customer level or issue level?

Steven Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2017

All custom fields are created at the global issue level when given a Global Configuration Scheme (default).

When you add them to the Request Type, then it is visible to the Customer.

Hi Steven,

I am not sure if I am very clear in what I am asking. I was looking to add few additional custom fields at Customers level. By default, when we say Add Customer - JSD just show a Single text area and we have to enter Username or Email Address + We can associate them with an organization.

Steven Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 10, 2017

I see. I wasn't clear on that. 

There's no "fields" to associate to user accounts in JIRA.

What you could do is add "User Properties" to the user accounts and then surface the data somehow.
image.png

Like brad_both likes this
Piyush Chawhan July 11, 2017

Thanks for your response

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events