Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can my customers clone an oft-used issue in the JSD Customer Portal?

Zans McLachlan October 5, 2014

We have a number of Customer users that submit very similar tickets to our service desk each week and would like to be able to clone a previously submitted ticket as a base for the next ticket. However, we need to keep them in the Customer Portal interface and avoid exposing JIRA proper (for licensing and other reasons).

The only workaround I can muster is building a separate request type with pre-populated fields for this repeated task, but this is suboptimal; we'd like a more user-agnostic solution.

Is there a way to do this? Thanks!

Zans

PS: We are at 1.2.7, but looking to up to 2.0 in the coming months...

3 answers

1 vote
Boris Berenberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 6, 2014

No there is currently no way to do this. Your workaround is actually exactly the same thing I would have recommended. I checked in https://jira.atlassian.com/ and there are no current suggestions around this topic. I encourage you to file one.

0 votes
Anthony France May 23, 2018

We also have users requesting this as a feature.

For example, we run many web stores, the external customer will request a large ammount of items changed which we required a ticket for internally.  Our CSRs take the request from the customer, submit an issue into jira for the items.  

Since users don't have access to upload spreadsheets to bulk create issues themselves we're looking at going down this route but I'd rather not need to require such low level end users to create spreadsheets to submit bulk issues for importing.

0 votes
Sherryl Radbil February 22, 2018

We have the very same problem, was a suggestion ever created? I am not finding anything in the JSDSERVER project.

Nick Pappas August 1, 2018

I have this use-case as well, and have just created the suggestion here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-5948

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events