Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can my agents to be allowed to invite customers to the ServiceDesk portal?

Lisa Forstberg May 26, 2015

It seems like only I (system-admin) are allowed to invite customers? SD 2.0.4

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Marcus Silveira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 26, 2015

Hi Lisa,

Currently only the Administrators can create customer as you've noticed.

I've created this feature request to add this feature to a future version of JIRA Service Desk. Please take some time to vote on it to increase its visibility and feel free to leave any comments there to reach our developers directly.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-1920

maccamlc_old_atlassian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 26, 2015

From JSD 2.3, this is now possible. For a Public Signup enabled service desk, an agent can invite customers from the people tab, as well as create them on the fly from the Raise this request on behalf of field within the Customer Portal. It was implemented as part of https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-1124?src=confmacro See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/SERVICEDESK/Raising+requests+on+behalf+of+customers for some more details Regards Matt JIRA Service Desk developer

Marcus Silveira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 26, 2015

Hey Matt, Can you confirm you can do this on Service Desk on the latest version as well? I did find that JSD-1124 before but couldn't make it work on Service Desk 2.4.2. Cheers

Marcus Silveira
Atlassian Team
May 27, 2015

Hi Lisa, After some more tests and the help of Matt, I've managed to get this working on the latest version of JIRA Service Desk. We'll need to set the portal with access to everyone (People tab > Customers > Everyone with an account can access my Customer Portal > Anyone can sign up for a customer account on my Customer Portal) and set up an Outgoing mail in JIRA itself so JIRA can send the invitation to customers. Hope this helps

Lisa Forstberg May 27, 2015

SD version 2.4.0?

Marcus Silveira
Atlassian Team
May 27, 2015

I tested on 2.4.2, but 2.4 should work as well.

maccamlc_old_atlassian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 27, 2015

Yes, it should work in versions 2.3.0 and newer

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events