How can i edit issue type after create customer request type in JIRA service desk?

GG October 29, 2017

Hi,

I created customer request type based on Service Request Issue type, but now I want to change issue type to Incident. why issue type does not edit after submit??

4 answers

8 votes
GG October 29, 2017

I know that. incident and request are linked to workflow. my question is that after create  request type, I can not edit issue type. request name, groups,  description are editable after creation only issue type is not editable? 

GG October 29, 2017

Really issue type is not editable after submit any request type? 

Stephen Letch March 29, 2018

Nope, they're not , its very annoying as any change you want to make you either have to scrap the request type and start again, or create automation to change it to what you want going forward

It seems so obvious, I've not idea why its not editable.

rk-7digital August 9, 2018

Currently there is no option to change the issueType for a requestType.

This is something that has been requested: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-349

The only option I have been able to find is to recreate the requestType with the new issueType.

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 29, 2017

You can change the issue type after creation.

If you place the issue type 'field' on the edit screen for the issue type, have edit-issue rights in the project and the current and new issue type have the same configuration for fields and workflows, you can do a direct "edit".  If they don't have the same config, you will have to use "move" to change it.

GG October 30, 2017

I want edit issue type in customer request type area not in single request with move option. when i add a customer request type . I can edit request type name, group, description, ... but the issue type is not editable in request type area. I want change issue type field for some request type that they are added before.issuetype.jpg

0 votes
gabriel_tarzioriu July 5, 2022

The only way to change the Issue Type:

1. Go to All Issues 

2. Click the 3 dots in the upper right corner

3. Bulk change all 

4. Tick the boxes next to the issues you want changed -> Next

5. Tick the Edit Issues box -> Next

6. Change the Issue type for the tickets you want changed and then tick Change Issue Type box -> Next

7. Confirm and you're done.

So many steps for such an insignificant change... 

0 votes
Tayyab Bashir
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 29, 2017

In your workflow schemes, your workflow might only be associated with just issue type (Service Request), so you should assign it Incident issue type as well.
After that you should be able to change the issue types of already created tickets, given that you have edit issue permissions. 

GG October 29, 2017

There is in workflow schemes but my problem is that I can not edit it after request type creation. I have administrator role.

everything is editable except Issue type!

you can see in below screen shot:Untitled.png

Tayyab Bashir
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 29, 2017

What you are referring to is request types. 
Request types are associated with issue types. 
Like in the above e.g. The 'Service Request' issue type is associated with 'Get IT help' request type.
You need to go to workflow scheme and see which issue types the 'service request workflow' is associated to. 
You probably would have only issue type 'Service Request' assigned over there.
So you need to add Incident as well.

See the following

Capture.PNG

sig July 31, 2018

that seems unnecessarily complicated

Like Selena Moon likes this
sig April 17, 2019

Tayyab seems to have misunderstood the original question.

the info possibly helps on creating a new requestType, but not for changing issueType for an existing requestType.

Like GG likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events