How can I troubleshot Jira Service Desk?

Basem Abdulrahem August 14, 2017

I installed JIRA Service Desk 3.6.2 on my self-hosted server that runs JIRA Software 7.4.2. 

When I tried to create a project. I can't find the Service Desk Basic project type!!

Here is the application page:

JiraServiceDesk.PNG

Here is the application access page :

JSD.PNG

and Also, I have only a one group for "jira-servicedesk-users". 

I don't know how to check the missing part?!!

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 14, 2017

What do you see under Projects?

pjs.PNG

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 14, 2017

here is a similar thread, i'm wondering if you are having a similar issue? The install may be flawed. 

while the below may help it doesn't seem to address everyones issue.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/JIRA-Service-Desk-questions/Can-t-create-a-Service-Desk-Project/qaq-p/594968

Yes I have the same problem. But I removed it then reinstalled it again with the same issue. 

jsdproject.PNG

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 14, 2017

Are you able to take a business project and change it to a Service Desk one?

Basem Abdulrahem August 15, 2017

Yes. I created a Business project then changed its type to Service Desk... But nothing changes in the project view, Just the type became Service desk and it appeared in the service desk projects list.

testjsd.PNG

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 15, 2017

Ok, so do you get all the service desk config stuff when you go into project adminstration for it?

No, Here is the configuration page.

screencapture-atlassian-wifimetropolis-8080-plugins-servlet-project-config-TES-summary-1502794889841.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 15, 2017

Can you check who is an Agent in the roles in this project?

It is me, My Account.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 15, 2017

This is where I'm stuck.

What you are seeing is entirely consistent with your user not being a service desk agent OR with the SD application simply not being active.

But if you're in the global group (jira-servicedesk-user) and you are named as an agent in the Service Desk project, then you should be seeing all the SD stuff for this project.

I would want to check the expiration on the maintenance date (your first screenshot chopped it off) and renew if it's gone past (or get an evaluation, just as a test)

If it's not those things, then we'll need to look in the logs for errors, as there is definitely something wrong.

Here is the maintanence date. 

maintenance.PNG

Where can I get those logs?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 15, 2017

All the logs we need should be under <jira home>/logs.

Check the system information page under admin if you're not sure where <jira home> is on your system.

Here is the atlassian-servicedesk.log:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B15x0UHGurB_UEVOUkJKZ0REcUU/view?usp=sharing

Could you please check?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events