Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I simplify changing the Request Type of an issue?

Robbie Pannell March 27, 2020

Greetings!

We are using Next-Gen Service Desk and I'm finding that changing the Request Type of an issue has several steps that end up taking a lot of time...  In Jira Software it is very simple--you can click on the issue type icon at the top of the page and select the new issue type and you are done and that is how I am expecting it to work for Service Desk.

I am wondering if there might be something wrong with our setup as there is a field that i don't recognized that is "removed" when changing request types.  Could this be causing me to have to go through the multiple steps/pages to change the request type, instead of just changing it directly from the issue?

I have also synchronized the workflows so that both Request types use the same workflow.

Here are screenshots to help explain:

2020-03-27_14-27-33.png2020-03-27_14-38-04.png2020-03-27_14-38-33.png

Comparing my Request Type forms/fields, they have the same fields, yet I receive the above UUID field removed each time.

2020-03-27_14-47-02.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 30, 2020

Hello @Robbie Pannell

Welcome to Atlassian Community and thank you for your detailed description.

Indeed, the option to simply select between issue types when they use the same workflow in Classic projects is not available for Next-gen projects at this moment.

In fact, the Next-gen enforces the "move client" because it uses single entities (UUIDs) as explained in this article, so it considers you are using distinct workflows for issue-types as well for all other project configurations.

We have the following feature request to allow the simple changing of issue types:

Change issue type in Next-gen redirect you to the Move Client

Feel free to vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events