How can I setup different portal for each product I support?

Eleni Theodoridou November 30, 2017

We have Jira Service Desk cloud and we would like to have a different portal for each product we support. We the customer login to our site we would like to ask them to select for which product they need support and then in every single portal, we would like to have some standard questions, with default answers to complete to create the issue. Please advice.

Thanks in advance,

Eleni

1 answer

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 30, 2017

Hello,

1. You could create a project for each product. In this case you could choose from the the product at the root portal. But in this case agents would have to manage several projects.

2. You can group requests by product names. In this case you could choose a group first and then choose request type. Agents would work in one project.

About questions, I do not completely understand your requirement. But I guess it is not possible.

Eleni Theodoridou November 30, 2017

Hi Alexey,

Thank you for your quick response.

To be honest, I mostly care about the customer experience, my agents are able to handle different projects.

The big issue is how can we set up different portal with more options than the subject and the body and just jira's available extra fields.

e.g. I would like to have a question like "Which is the environment?" and the customer could select from a drop-down list e.g. Windows 10.

Regards,

Eleni

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 30, 2017

I see.

About drop down with Windows 10.

You can create a single select custom field in Jira. For example, you will call it "OS". When you define a request in the portal you can set any display name for the field. You can give it a name "Which is the environment?" and then in the portal the name will be "Which is the environment?".  You can read more here

https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/configuring-request-types-and-workflows-732528910.html

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events