Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I set tickets to automtically close after x amount of days of no response by the customer?

Alden Mann September 14, 2017

Would greatly appeciate an answer!

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 15, 2017

So i found that this question was already answered here. Or at least I think it will meet your needs.

Basically, you need to do the following:

1. define a new SLA for the "Waiting for customer" status setting the amount time before closure
  2. setup an automation on the SLA being breached and transition the issue. 

You may wish to create a pre-alert 'curtesy' automation rule to notify via comment that their issue will be closed w/in ?? days unless you hear back. Let me know if, you need detailed help on this. While I think it should be pretty straightforward at this point I'm certainly here to provide clarity.

Alden Mann September 15, 2017

Jack,

Thank you for the help and pointing out the cloud. I have tried for a solid hour and I am still having problems... Further assistance would be greatly appreicated.

Like Sanjog Sigdel likes this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 15, 2017

Ok so on a plane at the moment landing soon which will likely delay the details but will get back to it in a couple hours.

Where are you stuck? Have you been able to create the new SLA?

here is a quick pic of the automation i just did below. note that it us using Time to resoulution SLA here because that is all I have in place. but you "should" be able to create the new one and selcect here. the IF statement is for issue matches status = Waiting for customer, and the THEN is to transition to resolved.

close if W4C too long.jpg

Alden Mann September 18, 2017

I dont see the option to close when waiting for the customer anywhere.

Capture 3.PNG

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 18, 2017

Alden,

as I mentioned before you have to create the new SLA and new automation. Below is what I defined and if you follow it you should be fine. NOTE: you will want to tweak things a bit for your specific use case, e.g. statuses, timeout duration, etc.

1. Define the new SLA - Project > Project Settings > SLA click on the "Switch SLA" link at top and select New Metric. Here are the details for SLA...

NR-customer-sla.jpg

2.  Define the new Automation - Project > Project Settings > Automation. Here are the details...

NR-customer-auto.jpg

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 18, 2017

BTW....don't edit the Time to Resolution SLA create a new one as I mentioned.

Alden Mann September 18, 2017

THANK YOU. set it up just like that. I appreciate the walk through.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 18, 2017

please click the checkmark to accept and help others.

1 vote
volkan ciftci
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 14, 2017

Hi Alden;

You can create a rule on Automation tab in Administration and click "add rule";
Give rule name;

1.png

Cron schedule detail link as below
https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/constructing-cron-expressions-for-a-filter-subscription-780868201.html
but your request like below.
0 15 8 15 * ?   (8:15 am on the 15th day of every month.)

in JQL , you can add status as "waiting for customer" or whatever you want.(our rule like this : status = resolved AND resolutiondate <= -3d means when status reslved and customer does not change staus as closed in 3 days , automacly chage status as Closed  )

2.png

Important thing in next step; you have to choose correct close transition name.

Important thing in next step; you have to choose correct "close transition" name. so you can check close transion name in project workflow. Becuse every transition action is displayed in this part.

3.png

I hope it will be helpful

Best regards 

My friend, jira 1.5.PNGI want to thank you for taking the time to answer and to answer in such detail. However I am not getting the same set up options and it is causing some confusion. I am attaching pics.. Thank you in advancejira 0.PNGjira prob 1.PNGjira 1.5.PNG

jira 0.PNGjira 1.5.PNGjira prob 1.PNG

did not mean to attach the duplicats. only 3

volkan ciftci
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 14, 2017

Hi Alden;

it is not in project setting; it is in Jira adminisitration-->Add-Ons-->Automation

1.jpg

Alden Mann September 15, 2017

Hello Volkan,

My only option when clicking the setting is projects.

jira x.PNG

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 15, 2017

Alden, you appear to be on Cloud whereas Volkan is on Server. So there are differences there. There should be a way to do this w/in cloud automation however. I will have a look and get back to you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events