How can I remove "This message was sent by Atlassian Jira" from email notification in Jira cloud

Jethro Support July 1, 2020

Each time a notification is sent out that is triggered by changes to an issue, the mail content all ways display "Get Jira notifications on your phone! Download the Jira Cloud app for Android or iOSThis message was sent by Atlassian Jira (v1001.0.0-SNAPSHOT#100130-sha1:febe453)" and the Atlassian Jira Logo snapshot is attached. Please can any one suggest how I can remove it?

jc.jpg

2 answers

0 votes
Carlos Khatchikian
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 5, 2020

You cannot replace this, but you can use for example "Automation for Jira" addon to send the emails that you want with the format that you want. 

Automation for Jira is super powerful and you can customise it to do almost everything that you need :) 

Jethro Support July 6, 2020

Thanks @Carlos Khatchikian I will try it out.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 1, 2020

It can't be removed

Jethro Support July 1, 2020

Thanks for your response @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 

I read some where in the forum that customizing the email content is possible using a third party plugin. Can it be removed using a plugin for  instance JEMH Cloud?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 1, 2020

It's not technically "remove", but yes, there are apps that can supplement (or even replace) Jira's own email.  They can give you more control over the content of outgoing email.

I do not know if JEMH can do this exactly, but I do know it has a lot of power, and is usually the first place I look when Jira email is not able to do what I want.

Jethro Support July 2, 2020

Thanks @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 

Please can you suggest apps that can supplement (or even replace) it

Looking forward to your response

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS