How can I release issues from my JSD Kanban board?

Drew Nedderman October 9, 2017

I manage a Jira Service Desk project that releases closed issues at the same time that our development team releases a new version of our product. I used to be able to use the Release button on my Kanban board to create a version that matches the version that we are putting into production, but now when I try to do this I get this message:

Release Hub.PNG

The issues I'm trying to release all have the same fixVersion, so I'm not sure what the above message is all about.

When I click the button, I get a not allowed message. I'm an Admin on Jira Software projects as well, so that message doesn't make sense.

How can I clean up my Done kanban column without having to use quick filters that need to be set each time I load the board page?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 9, 2017

>The issues I'm trying to release all have the same fixVersion

That's fine, but it's looking at the other side.  There are issues in the project that have the version set, but are not on your board.

I think the release hub needs you to have developer permissions in the project (note that admin rights are for admin, not "can do anything".  You can use your admin rights to get yourself into the right roles though)

0 votes
Drew Nedderman October 10, 2017

Hi Nic, thanks for responding. I ended up clearing the existing fixVersion from all of the issues I was trying to release and then released them with a new fixVersion.

I now have all statuses accounted for in my Kanban columns. I have the developer role in all projects, as far as I can tell. I wonder if the difference is that my project, Decision Logic Service, is a service desk project and not a software project. The release hub not allowed message did make the distinction regarding types of projects.

Anyway, thanks for the help!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events